Frequently Asked Questions for Biotech Laboratory Technician
A biotechnology laboratory technician is a scientist who works in a laboratory setting and is responsible for conducting experiments and tests in the biotechnology field. They may work with various biological materials to research and develop new products and technologies, including DNA, RNA, and proteins. They also collaborate with other scientists and researchers on projects and experiments.
This Biotech Laboratory Technician assessment evaluates the candidate’s ability to conduct experiments and tests in biotechnology. Biotechnology laboratory technicians are responsible for maintaining accurate and detailed records of experiments, including data collection and analysis, preparing solutions, reagents, and other materials needed for experiments, operating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Biotech Laboratory Technician
- Western blotting
- Preparing samples for analysis, including preparing reagents and solutions, setting up experiments, and sterilizing equipment.
- Conducting experiments and tests according to established procedures, including using various lab equipment and techniques.
- Recording and documenting experimental data and results.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies, including cleaning and sterilizing equipment and ordering supplies as needed.