- Personal data: Information related to an identified or identifiable individual, such as names, email addresses, employment history, and assessment responses.
- Sensitive data: Special categories of Personal Data like gender and nationality, collected only with explicit opt-in consent.
- Processing: Any operation performed on Personal Data, including collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation, or alteration
Data collection and use
We collect personal data for the following purposes:
- Name: For personalizing communications and certificates.
- Email address: Used for communication, account verification, and certificate delivery.
- Employment history for skill assessment: To assess your professional skills and qualifications.
- Responses to assessments and surveys: For skill evaluation and service improvement.
- Ip address and location data for proctoring: To enhance security and monitoring during online proctoring.
Automated systems may be used to grade assessments based on predefined criteria. You have the right to request human intervention, contest decisions, and understand the logic behind automated decisions.
Legal basis for processing
We process personal data based on:
- Obtained consent: Explicit consent is obtained for sensitive data and specific purposes.
- Legal obligations: For compliance with legal requirements.
- Contractual necessity: To fulfill our contract with you when you use our services.
Cookies and tracking technologies
Data transfer and storage
International data transfers
Data may be transferred internationally, utilizing Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) for transfers to the EU/EEA, to ensure an equivalent level of data protection.
We implement robust security measures, such as encryption, to protect Personal Data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. More information is available on our Security Measures page.
You can request a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format by contacting us.
You have the option to opt out of specific data collection and usage practices. Instructions are provided in our Opt-Out Policy.
You can access the Personal Data we hold about you by contacting us. We’ll provide details on the process and expected response time.
Our website may contain links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. Always review the privacy policies of external sites.
Data is retained for its intended purpose or as required by law. For specific concerns about data retention, please contact us.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from individuals under 18. If such data is discovered, it will be promptly deleted.
Enforcement and verification
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission oversees our compliance with data privacy laws. For more information, visit our Security Practices page.
For data privacy disputes, we offer an independent recourse mechanism in line with EU-U.S. DPF guidelines.
Data protection officer
We’ve designated a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee our data protection strategy. For inquiries, please contact our DPO.
Third parties, known as subprocessors, are utilized for specific functions and services. You can find a list of these subprocessors and their roles on our Data Management page.
Data breach notification
In the event of a data breach involving Personal Data, affected individuals and authorities will be notified within 72 hours, as required by law.
Details on the collection and processing of employee data are covered in our Employee Data Policy.
Records of obtained consent for data processing are securely stored, as required by law.
California consumer privacy act (CCPA)
We comply with the CCPA, granting California residents additional rights, such as the right to know, delete, and opt-out of the sale of personal information. For more details, see our CCPA Compliance page.
To address concerns about data handling, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant regulatory authority or use our independent recourse mechanism. More details are available on our Security Practices page.
Changes to this policy
We review this policy annually and will notify you of changes via email or website notifications.
This policy is governed by U.S. federal law.
Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their login information and are obligated to immediately report any unauthorized account activity.
This policy does not cover data that has been anonymized and can no longer identify an individual.
We may conduct audits to ensure compliance with this policy.
If any part of this policy is deemed unlawful, the remaining parts will continue to be in effect.
Use our services at your own risk; internet transmissions are never completely secure.
For questions or concerns, please contact us at:
651 N Broad St, Suite 201, Middletown, DE, 19709