Frequently Asked Questions for Production Support
This Production Support assessment is designed to evaluate the project development, production support, and application skills of a Mainframe Production Support Engineer according to industry standards.
To use a Production Support assessment for hiring, you would first need to identify the specific knowledge and skills that are relevant to the position you are trying to fill. This could include expertise in Mainframe systems, application development, production support processes, and technical support, as well as a general understanding of industry standards and best practices for production support.
Some specific responsibilities of a production support engineer might include:
- Monitoring the performance and availability of software applications and systems, and responding to any issues or alerts that may arise.
- Performing regular maintenance and updates on software applications and systems to ensure that they are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Responding to user issues and requests, and providing technical support as needed.
The topics that are covered in the Production Support are as follows:
- Batch Monitoring Principles
- Batch processing
- Production Managers
- Production Support Managers
- Production Officers
- Planning Officers
- Production Support Strategists
- Testing Professionals
- Autosys Professionals